9/1/11

1st Day of School


I don't know who was more nervous, you or me?

I just wanted to shrink myself and hide in your backpack at school all day. 
Or, as you joked, I could just show up and pretend to be another student 
since some of your teachers thought I was at open house anyway. :)

My prayer for you this morning was that nothing would happen that you didn't understand today. 
That everyone would be good to you, and that you would be well taken care of. 

I know you are strong and smart and perfectly capable of handling whatever comes your way. 
But I so wanted to protect you today. It was hard to let you leave the Jeep and walk off into the school alone. 


Once the day was through and you were returned to us on the bus, I was at ease. 
You had a great day. You did very well and were well accepted. 
You enjoyed your classes and like your teachers. 

You especially enjoyed your Spanish class where you were "famous" because of your fluent Spanish speaking. :)

I'm so happy for you that all went well. 
Though it will not be as fun to spend my days without you now that you are in school during the week, 
I am glad that it is all working out well so far and that you are happy. 


1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you all. Just last night I was sitting with my husband remembering back to our Senior Year of High School. He was an ordinary american student and I was a Norwegian exchange student. Reading this post makes me think back to my first day in an american high school and how scared I was. Looking forward to reading more of your adventures together.

    ReplyDelete